life lately

I'm trying as much as I can to get settled in our new place, but with so many ideas for projects rolling around in my brain, its been hard to focus, unpack or even rest.  I'm okay with that though because it just keeps me busy and seeing the end result of all the crazy ideas I keep coming up, sounds more fun anyway!  This last weekend my mom came up to visit and help me with a couple of the projects I wanted to tackle.  It was the first time she has visited without my dad and for longer that two days ( I had her for almost 5!) and we tried to stuff as many things into each day as possible.



We hit up the Milwaukie Farmers Market, which is one of my top favorite markets up here (i vote it 2nd to psu), its so adorable and packed with goodies- plus its just 5 minutes from my house.  I showed her a few shops I adore, took her to the pearl, we ate all the foods and each day tried to explore as much as possible for the first half of the day.  The second half, well into late night, was spent working on the house.  I mentioned on instagram that I wanted to have open cabinets and paint my kitchen white and I'm happy to say, with her help, its almost done.  It's my first project as a home owner and I can't wait to share the progress!




With my husband being gone in Peru still and my mom visiting without my dad, we took full advantage of having a girls weekend.  It was exactly what I needed to feel just a bit more settled.  Having my mom see our new house for the first time, feeling comfy in our home and having the first official guest... I think I can get used to this!


Thats life lately, hows yours?

No comments: