fields of flowers

Last week we ventured out to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm for their annual Tulip Festival.  Usually this isn't something I would ask my husband to go to with me, but I casually mentioned I wanted to possibly go and he surprisingly said he would take me.  Mind Blown.  Brandon is a die hard dude and in all reality I imagined him 'taking me there' meant he would drive me and sit in the car while I walked around looking at flowers, but I was shocked when he got out and enjoyed it with me.  Obviously I'm using the word enjoyed very loosely =) Still, I'm glad I was able to get out there before the end of the festival and even better- it was on a weekday during a break between some wind & rain showers so we practically had the place to ourselves.





If you are local or just plan on being in the area, the festival is almost over and finishes up this weekend on the 4th.  It was totally worth the little 1/2 hour drive from the city to see fields of flowers and it will be fun to come back in October when the same fields are full of pumpkins!

No comments: