dwell: the crafty woman


Dwell: to live as a resident, reside. to exist in a given place or state.


Hi, I'm Christine and I blog over at The Crafty Woman, today I want to share my kitchen with you.  Our house is a brand-spankin'-new cookie cutter. I have a never ending list of DIY craziness to make it more custom and more our home. Many of these projects involve time, money, and planning.

I am in love with my pantry door! It is a great pop of color (Martha Stewart-Duck Egg)The pantry door was done on a whim. I had a sample of paint and I hate to waste anything. And that door just bored me to tears! Plus I was itching to do something, anything! After I painted it and hung up the wreath I realized that sometimes the quick/simple projects can have a large impact!

Another addition to our kitchen was adding in knobs and pulls to our cabinets as a decor element, it made a huge difference.  I was afraid hardware would be too pricey to do for awhile.  The style I wanted was around $5 a piece at most stores. I lucked out on a google search and found mine for half that!  For all my knobs and pulls, shipped, I only spent $50.  Found them (and tons more) on GoingKnobs.com.  



Here is my kitchen right before move in:

(Plain wood cabinets, no pendants, no fridge/hood, all white walls.)
Kitchen after "Stage 1" just one month after move in:
Forgive the Xmas decor that was out.  As you can see we had just started the overhaul.  There is still work to do and a new table/chandelier in the future! And a back splash. And faucet. And new chairs. And crown molding... and you get the picture, its never ending!


Christine at The Crafty Woman:  blog // facebook // pinterest 

Do you have an inspiring space?  Email blog@justlove.ly to submit it for consideration to be featured & don't forget you can check out previous Dwell posts here! xo

No comments: