focus on the good

I've been a bit m.i.a the last few weeks as I prep to launch my new shop.  I'm excited for this, but totally terrified at the same time.  If you have followed for a while you might remember a few of my past ventures with JustLove.lyFawn & Flora and LoveClub- all amazing and successful businesses that each ran their course.  Having started these businesses when there weren't many of the same thing, brought on great success and quick growth- along with amazing opportunities (having my stuff in magazines & tv shows! what??), but that all makes this time around scary- because there are a dime a dozen shops popping up everyday and I somehow need to stand out... on second thought, do I?  Of course I want the shop to do good, I'd be lying if I said otherwise, but at the end of the day I want to know that I stayed true to myself and put something out in the world that I was proud of.  I'm trying to give my all in focusing on the good with practicing patience, staying passionate and being able to follow my dreams (for almost a decade now) through creative self-employment.  Even if the path has changed from hairstylist to photographer, accessories designer, subscription box creator to paper supply shop owner- and now this.  One thing must remain, passion.  When it runs dry, I move on and this is where I have found myself.

I have nourished this new project with time and I haven't rushed into launching.   At times I've maybe taken almost too long with it, but  I've only been producing items I'm truly 100% confident about, while trying not to get too distracted by other peoples designs & success.  Knowing I can only define my own.  I'm excited to share what I've been up to, but can give you a little hint that its definitely aimed more at home life.  Decor, fiber art, candles, prints, plant holders, etc... The official launch date hasn't come to mind, but it will be in August.  I'll try to post more behind the scenes and sneak peeks here, in the mean time follow along on instagram if you aren't already!