treasure finds: thrift score


I have been on a mission to find a table for one of the walls of our living room, something I can put a record player (& records), books, a plant and large print on.  I have been checking big name stores, local shops & craigslist for something that just feels like 'the one, but no luck. 

Last week while out running a few errands I drove pass the mother ship of thrift shops.  Seriously this place is huge, so huge it has a cafe in it. What?  I was surprised at how empty the store was and one of the employees told me that the entire store was 50% off the next day -well well- I like saving, but I like being in an empty store more.  I took my precious time browsing and hit the jackpot with all these goodies for $39!






Since we had previously collected so many things over the years, I promised my husband that I will be more thoughtful on my thrifting adventures and I know we can use everything.  Okay maybe everything. I won't lie, I have no idea what I need a light up telephone sign for- but really? How could I not.  

Treasure Breakdown:
side table 15
lamp 5
blanket 5 (which i turned in to a rug)
light up sign 5
hanging fruit basket 3
black wire basket 2
drawer 3 (perfect for supplies in my studio)
jar 1

Oh and if you're wondering, I still haven't found the table I'm looking for!

15 comments:

  1. Great finds!! Excuse my drool, but I'm so jealous. They just don't have good thrift stores in Orange County.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with that blanket turned rug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you got gorgeous things..the lamp and basket are beautiful <3

    http://individualemotion.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering what you did to the blanket that you can use it as a rug? Did you add a backing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely display!! :) Happy Friday! xx Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, you can't pass up a cool sign like that! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great haul. And you are right, you absolutely need that cool "telepone" sign, no question! Just tell your husband that you will get rid of something for each of the new items you brought home. (A few pairs of his socks, perhaps?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. loving your treasures!!!! Thank you for sharing at the hop, your participation makes the hop extra special. Big Hugs P.S. the new giveaway posted Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really did very well - love the baskets, the side table! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh I'm so jealous of your finds!!! What a great thrifting day!

    Would love for you to share at my Give Me the Goods link party where you can party with five blogs via 1 link!
    http://www.marriedfiling-jointly.com/2013/04/give-me-goods-link-party-3.html

    ~Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some awesome finds!! The telephone sign would be such a cool accessory to any room!!!

    ReplyDelete