a portrait of strangers


A few years ago I was with my family at the Oregon Coast Aquarium and had recently purchased my Canon 5d, so I was eager to take as many photos of anything and everything that caught my attention. I remember we were in the Passages of the Deep and my husband was standing across from this couple looking through the glass.  The exhibit was full and busy, my parents and grandparents quickly moved on through and my husband wandered off before the herd of screaming children ran though.  

In all the chaos this couple just sat and observed and although I couldn't stand still long enough to witness whatever they were, this picture of the strangers always reminds me of that day.  I have no idea who they are and most likely never will, but they were beautiful and made a memory for me that I will never forget.

5 comments:

  1. such a lovely photo :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kasey Lurvin03 April, 2013

    this is gorgeous! i wish we could find out who they were so they could see this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lindsey burns03 April, 2013

    beautiful image- i love how everything is so dark except their faces, great job heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this story and that you held on to this photo, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete