The Beauty Files: share the beauty (week eight)


Last week got the best of me and I had to skip over 'face beauty', but I'm back and I'm catching up with our series by sharing some favorite products for my smoocher! 

To catch up on Share the Beauty posts go here, and don't forget you can link up with Lauren, Leonora and myself each week for one more month before this series is over.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOISTURE

For a nice moisturizing lip stick I LOVE BabyLips by Maybelline.  I actually only just tried it when Heather gave me a little gift bag at Snap and this was in there.. I'm hooked.  I've just been using the moisturizing one (blue), but they do have tinted ones.  I love how smooth and non-sticky this stuff is.


Before using BabyLips I was obsessed with any and all of the C.O Bigelow lip glosses.. these things are fantastic.  I'm pretty sure if you were stranded somewhere with no food then consumption of one of the lip glosses would get you through-- aka they are yummy. 



COLORGLOSS

I'm a huge fan of something with a little bit of color and not much stickiness.  A great tip to get more color out of your gloss (& to get it to hold longer) is to lightly sweep on some blush over your lips right before the gloss goes on.  

I have a couple of grocery store brands that work fine and dandy, but when I want something special my fav's are Lipstick Queen, Nars Original Lip Gloss,  Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments or Paul & Joe.


STAIN

I only own one lipstick and for me they are a little old school (some people pull them off beautifully though!), so I usually stick with a stain and some gloss if needed.  What's great is that most stains can be used on your cheeks and lips.. my most favorite is by Benefit.. if you are nervous about stains try something more subtle like a balm/stain in one like TokiDoki.


NOW ITS YOUR TURN!

PARTY RULES
Make sure you link to your Share the Beauty Post NOT your blog domain
 Please have the post you link up to be about "Sharing the Beauty" 
not a giveaway or a product promo. 

Please do not post anything that is unrelated to this weeks topic of:
 FOUNDATION

Anyone linking posts that are not related to our party will be deleted.
You can link up here, with Leonora or Lauren and your link will show up on all of our blogs!
You can also grab this button and share the love!


NEXT WEEKS PROMPT
Week 9- Make Up Brushes

We thought you guys would like to know ahead of time what prompts you can contribute to! Here is the list of future Share the Beauty Party Topics! We will be going in this order:

Week 10- Scents: Deodorants, Perfumes, Body Splashes etc
Week 11- Body Care: Razors, Shaving Cream, Body Lotion, Sunscreen etc
Week 12- Nails: Nail Polish, Nail Polish Remover, Clippers, Techniques etc 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome choices! I love NARS lip gloss as well! :)

    xx

    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Baby Lips! They are so great!! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter is my new favorite for moisture and color.

    ReplyDelete