The Beauty Files: treat yo self!


Treat Yo Self- Beauty Splurges by Cheeky Cheeky



Hi beautiful Just Lovely Things readers! If you're half as awesome as Heather, we're going to get along wonderfully. My name is Carmen and I blog over at Cheeky Cheeky. I'm SO excited to be guest posting on Heather's blog today- I'm basically just a huge fan girl for her, so this is kind of amazing. Excuse me while I geek out for a second... !!!!

Okay, now back to the topic at hand- BEAUTY! As a huge fan of all things Amy Poehler, I, of course, love Parks & Recreation. Any of you who watch the show are probably familiar Tom and Donna, and their fabulous holiday, Treat Yo Self! It's essentially a day in which they treat themselves to anything and everything that their little hearts desire. Basically, it's the best day of the year. 


Well, I'm not strict enough with myself to abide by the rules of Treat Yo Self. Instead, I treat myself to little things fairly frequently. I know, I know- it ruins the whole idea of the day of treats. But some treats simply must be enjoyed year round- especially beauty treats! I can't help it. I love a good beauty splurge or... eight. But don't worry, I still wear my fair share of drugstore products. It all balances out! If you're anything like me and feeling the need to treat yo self a little bit year round- take a look at my favorite splurges!




1. Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup- $26- I die for this brand. Their foundation literally saves my life every morning. I wake up looking likeGollum from Lord of the Rings and walk out the door looking like a human thanks to this stuff! It just smooths everything out so perfectly. I'm also a huge fan of their mineral veil. 

2. Sally Hansen Salon Effects- $8-10- You've probably heard of these already (unless you've been living under a rock for the last year) and have probably even tried them out. I can't say enough how much I love these little guys. Worth the splurge for sure!

3. Marc Jacobs Daisy- $62- I'm not encouraging everyone to run out and buy Daisy (then everyone would smell like me!) but I am encouraging a little extra change spent on nice perfume. Spraying on a little Daisy before I walk out the door always makes me feel super pretty. Plus, I'm just going to come out and say it- some days I don't have time to shower in the morning! Expensive perfume just does a better job of covering that little fact up- plain and simple.

4. Henri Bendel Wild Fig Body Butter- $55- Again, you don't have to run out and buy this particular lotion (even though it's AMAZING!), but I think a nice, high quality lotion should be in every woman's beauty arsenal. Also, apply lotion everyday! It doesn't always have to be the fancy shmancy stuff, but hydrated skin is sexy skin. (I think I heard that in a Neutrogena commercial or something. That's obviously where I get all of my life advice.)  

5. Sephora Liquid Eyeliner- $11- Just trust me, it's worth it and then some. THE best.

6. Mary Kay Creme Lipstick in Red- $13- Okay, I know a lot of people think Mary Kay is kind of an "old lady's" brand, but their red lipstick is my favorite thing ever. It's the perfect shade of red! I had to search for years to find it, but now that I have- I'm totally down for the "old lady" products!

7. Chanel Lipgloss in Red- $29.50- Lip gloss simply should not be that expensive- I know. I could buy 29 and a half Diet Cokes with that much money! But I was given this gloss by my sister-in-law, and I couldn't resist the urge to brag about owning something Chanel... even if it is just lip gloss. Plus, it's the perfect red gloss!

8. Make-Up Forever Mist & Fix- $27- If you wear as much makeup as I do, you'll want something like this to keep it all in place. I don't painstakingly apply my makeup every morning for it to just fall off by noon! Then I'd go right back to looking like Gollum! No thank you!!

Hope you enjoyed reading about my favorite beauty splurges. 
Now get out there and treat yo self!


9 comments:

  1. you're hilarious! parks and rec is also one of our favorite shows. i totally agree about the mineral makeup. i tried a cheaper brand of it and it doesn't work nearly as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup & I definitely need to get some of those Sally Hansen Salon Effects! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! :) I need to try those Sally Hansen Effects...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man, i totally understand the gollum sentiment. i actually dressed up like him for my birthday one year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try those nail things....wasn't sure of they were worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dying - I totally have a "treat yo self" beauty products post scheduled for next week on my blog, andit also includes the sally hansen nail strips. Off to think of a new title for my post.

    Love her picks! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say "treat yo self" a lot. I love that show! I want Tom to be my bff. I wear Bare Escentuals in the winter and I love it! Even when I wear tinted moisturizer I use the mineral veil. The Sally Hansens are the shit. I got that eyeliner and I always end up looking like Tammy Faye! I think I have the runniest eyes in history. I have a love/hate relationship with Make Up Forever but I will totally try that Mist & Fix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ba ha ha ha! It's the best day of the year.I can't live with out my Bare Minerals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I literally went out and bought the mineral makeup because of this blog post. I've only used it for a few days now, so I'm not too sure where I stand with it. I'm liking it more everyday, but it's much different from the foundation I used to use. I have noticed a difference in my face though, and like how it feels as if I have nothing on my face. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete